- 4 small red beets
- 5 oz Sunsweet® Pitted Prunes
- 5 oz cream cheese, 12% fat
- 2 green onions
- 1 walnut-sized piece of ginger
- 1 bunch dill
- Salt /Pepper
- Rinse beets and cook in salted water for about 30 minutes
- Stir cream cheese until creamy
- Clean green onions, rinse and cut finely
- Peel ginger and grate
- Rinse dill, shake dry and chop finely; keeping a few sprigs for garnishing
- Mix cream cheese with green onions, ginger and dill and season with salt and pepper
- Drain beets, rinse with cold water and peel. Cut a slice of the top and bottom of the beet, so it can stand up on a plate without rolling away.
- Dice the segments you just cut off and set aside
- Slice the beet horizontally through the center
- Place the lower beet slice on a plate. Top with all but cream. Push 1 to 2 prunes gently into the cream and cover with beet top!
- Spread the rest of the cream cheese and the remaining prunes on top.
- Garnish with beet cubes and dill and serve.
To save time, use vacuum-packed beets. This type of beet comes pre-cooked and can be found in every supermarket in the produce section.
For more great Prune recipes, visit www.sunsweet.com!