We are taking blending to a whole new level! Last month we brought you blended grapes, but this month, we busted out our blenders for MUSHROOMS! The blended mushroom craze has really started to take off, and thanks to To-Jo Mushrooms, we were able to jump on that bandwagon with blended mushroom sliders!
These sliders are super easy, fun to make, and of course delicious! They are great for mushroom lovers AND those little tikes who may not be the biggest fans (YET!).
That's right, Moms, these sliders are the perfect way to get the health benefits of mushrooms into your picky kid's diets. Since the mushrooms are blended into the beef, your kids will never know they are there!
We hope you'll enjoy the last month of summer with these yummy, easy-to-make blended mushroom sliders! If you make it at home, make sure to share your pictures with us on Facebook!
Blended Mushroom SlidersIngredients
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil (enough to coat the pan)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Blended mushrooms
- Slider buns
- Any other burger toppings
1) Cut mushrooms into a small dice
2) Heat a large, heavy skillets over medium-high heat and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom. Sautee mushrooms until the are tender (approx. 10 mins)
3) Once mushrooms have cooled slightly add them to the food processor and finely chop
4) In a large bowl, mix together the beef, mushroom mixture, onions, and, parsely
5) Form 8 to 10 patties and place them on a plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6) Heat a large, heavy skillets over medium-high heat and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom (about 1 tablespoon). When the pans are hot, add the patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Don't you love the sizzle?!
7) Ta-da! Dress burgers as you like!