The fat-bottomed fruit is turning heads with our Blue Cheese Stuffed Pears recipe. Not your average pear, the skin on a Starkrimson pear changes from a dark crimson to bright crimson red as it ripens. These pears are sweet and juicy, perfect for a snack, bake, or salad. Pears are packed with nutrients such as dietary fiber, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, so don’t hesitate to spoon on as much blue cheese as you’d like!
This recipe features Starkrimsons from Starr Ranch Growers, a leading fruit grower, packer, and shipper founded in the heart of Washington’s apple country. Marked by the glacial snowmelt from Mount Hood, their pristine water source is key to growing exceptional fruit, resulting in worldwide fame for their pear brand. Stewards of the land, their mantra is “a vast fruit universe and a global family form a small world.”
We’ll keep the growing to the experts, but we're taking part of this global family from our kitchen. Using the distinctive variety of the Starkrimson, this recipe is sure to introduce to you a whole new flavorful world.
TIP: Rough-chop the pear flesh into smaller pieces before mixing with the blue cheese for a filling with more smooth consistency. Drizzle finished pears with honey for a little extra sweetness.
- 3 ripe Starr Ranch Growers Starkrimson Pears
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 oz Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Cut pears in quarters, remove seeds and remove a bit of flesh from your pear boats using a melon baller or spoon.
- Sprinkle the boats with lemon juice. Use a spoon to mix the pear flesh with blue cheese. Stuff pears with a cheese knife or spoon. Sprinkle with ground walnuts. Enjoy!
Servings 12.0 | Calories 87 |Total Fat 6 g |Saturated Fat 2 g 9 % |Monounsaturated Fat 1 g |Cholesterol 6 mg |Sodium 116 mg |Potassium 96 mg |Total Carbohydrate 8 g |Dietary Fiber 2 g |Protein 3 g |Vitamin A 1 % |Vitamin C 6 % |Calcium 5 % |Iron 1 %