Chicken Fajitas Recipe, Well-Pict strawberries & Jalepeno Salsa
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- One boneless skinless chicken breast
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 small jalapeсos, very thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 quart Well-Pict strawberries, thinly sliced
- Corn tortillas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 large bunch of cilantro, separated into small sprigs
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, combine the vegetable oil, chile powder, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne pepper until it forms a smooth paste.
- Rub the spice paste all over the chicken breast. Season the chicken breast with salt.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sliced onion and jalapenos with the sherry vinegar. Add a pinch of salt to the salsa and let stand, tossing a few times, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the chicken breast over a medium-hot fire until lightly charred and just cooked through, about 8 minutes per side.
- Stir the honey into the salsa until dissolved. Then fold in the strawberries and season with salt.
- Thinly slice the chicken breast and transfer to a platter.
- Serve with the tortillas, salsa, bell pepper, avocado and cilantro sprigs.