We loved making this Cozy Kale Chili & delicious Festive Kale Salad! We thought both were delicious.
TIP #1: The trick is to start by making the chili, so while it is simmering you can then make the kale salad. Times out perfectly!
TIP #2: We wished we had made more chili though. It was really delicious so you may want to double it for larger portions!
Cozy Kale Chili
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces Versatile Veggies Diced Yellow Onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces Nature’s Greens Kale
- 16 ounces cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, chopped or 1 lb of ground turkey
- Heat olive oil over medium-high in a medium pot
- Add ground turkey to brown.
- Add onion and sautй for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cumin and chili powder; sautй for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in chicken stock and kale. Cook for 12 - 15 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Stir in beans and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Festive Kale Salad
- 16 ounce Nature’s Greens® Kale
- 4 large red apples chopped
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 10 ounces dried currants
- 2 cups toasted pecans, chopped
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Pour kale into a large salad bowl.
- Pour chopped apples into a medium size bowl.
- Add orange juice over apples to coat and let marinate for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Combine kale with celery and dried currants.
- Drain apples and toss with kale mixture. Set aside.
- Serve with toasted pecans and balsamic vinaigrette dressing to taste.