There is something ultra special about this delicious shrimp salad with a kick! Yes, it could be attributed to the spices, however, we feel it's because of the NatureSweet® Cherubs®! Just the right about of flavor pop to complement this simple yet vibrant, firecrackin' salad! Enjoy!
Check out this video for step-by-step instructions:
Ingredients for Spicy Shrimp (optional):
- 1.5 pound large shrimp; peeled and deveined.
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbs. brown sugar
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil for pan
Directions for Shrimp:
1. Combine all the ingredients (except pan evoo) in a large zip lock bag, shake to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
3. Add Shrimp saute 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Set aside.
Ingredients for Firecracker Salad:
- 1 pkg torn leaf lettuce
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes
- 8 oz thin yellow or green beans, trimmed
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (juice from one medium-sized lime)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- Add salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Directions for Salad:
1. Cook beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
2. Quickly drain and cool under cold water. Pat dry.
3. Whisk oil, lime juice, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
4. Stir in basil, beans, NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes and onions. Toss to coat.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning.
6. Add lettuce and spicy shrimp. Toss to coat. Enjoy!