- 1 frozen pie crust (thawed)
- 6 McIntosh apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup walnuts chopped
- Salted caramel sauce to drizzle (or any other sauce)
- Ice cream
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Cut off the top of 4 apples off and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon very carefully, as to not puncture the peel.
- Remove skin from 2 additional apples and chop into small cubes. These apple pieces will give you filling needed to fill the four apples you are baking.
- Mix cubed apples with brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts in a bowl. If you prefer more or less cinnamon and sugar, make adjustments as desired.
- Scoop cubed apples into hollow apples.
- Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- Cover the top of the apple in a lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
- Place apples in an pan. Add just enough water to the cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft. You can also broil for just a few minutes to make the crust golden brown.
- Drizzle with salted caramel sauce and serve with ice cream and serve warm.