Backyard BBQ's, potlucks, picnics, and outdoor dinners! Time to knock the dust (or pollen) off the patio furniture, fire up the grill, and get back into the swing of these spring and summer activities. Something about spending afternoons outside with good food just gets us excited. How about you?
We're also excited to share with you our newest recipe just in time for grilling season – Garlic Rosemary One Step...Done!™ Potato & Steak Skewers. Onions, bell peppers, steak, and garlic rosemary potatoes from Green Giant™ Fresh all stacked together then grilled to a smoky perfection.
For this recipe, use One Step...Done!™ Potatoes to cut back on prep time in the kitchen which allows you to spend more time having fun. What are One Step...Done!™ potatoes? They're real, farm-fresh potatoes grown by the potato experts at Green Giant™ Fresh. The package includes everything you need including real chef-inspired seasonings just like the ones in your kitchen.
All you have to do is pop the whole package in the microwave and six minutes later you have hot, delicious, healthy potatoes that are ready to eat! No rinsing, no peeling, no boiling, no slits, no turning, no stopping half-way through cooking, no seasoning packets – just microwave and eat. One Step...Done!™ comes in a variety of flavors like Cajun Style, Roasted Red Pepper, and (our flavor of choice for this recipe) Garlic Rosemary.
Here's a few tips, tricks, and substitutions so you can create the most delicious skewers:
- Skewers: If you're using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent them from burning. We recommend using wooden skewers because metal skewers transfer heat to the inside of your food which may cause meat to overcook.
- Protein: If you're not a fan of steak, substitute with chicken, shrimp, or veggies like mushrooms.
- Salt: One Step...Done!™ potatoes are a no-sodium food so be sure to add salt to taste. Be careful not to over-salt if you're also using a steak seasoning which can be very salty.
- Size: Try to cut your protein in uniform sizes to they cook evenly. Larger pieces will take longer to cook while smaller pieces won't take quite as long.
- 2 packages One Step...Done!™ Garlic Rosemary Potatoes
- Bell Peppers
- 2 New York strip steaks (2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- Your favorite steak seasoning blend
- Prepare One Step...Done!™ Potatoes in microwave one at a time, following package instructions. Once potatoes are done cooking, open package and set aside to cool slightly. Be sure to save the any residual seasoning in the One Step...Done!™ package to brush skewers. Note: One Step...Done!™ Potatoes are a no sodium food, so add salt to taste.
- Thread potatoes, vegetables, and steak onto skewers.
- Brush skewers with any leftover seasoning in the One Step...Done!™ Potato package.
- Season steak with your favorite steak seasoning blend just before grilling.
- Heat your grill. Cook skewers for about 5-10 minutes or until steak reaches your desired doneness.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Thanks for the recipe. Looks so good! 💞
This is really great on the grill for friends and family
So attractive and tasty
It looks kabbobalicious!
This is going to be an easy meal to cook and enjoy😁.
Love this recipe and tips 🥰.
Green Giant is a leader in the industry. So many ideas, such versatile potatoes.
I will be making kabobs this way very soon.
We had these on Vacation,Great for a Camping Meal
Really good recipe for the summer!
You can do so much with a potato
Looks delicious !!
Such good, versatile potatoes. Not limited on ideas for recipes.
Absolutely delightful and company will want to come back 🙂
Looks good. Green Giant has great products that can be used in so many ways. Love ’em.
This looks so good. Going to make for sure
This looks great! I love easy dinner ideas!
Gonna enjoy these for dinner tonight!
Potatoes made convenient! How innovative! I am looking forward to trying this recipe.
♡Love the sound of potato skewers. Might make an all veggie version with peppers, cherry tomatoes, squash, & corn on the cob. Thx.
Looks so delicious , nutritious, and easy to prepare! Can’t wait to serve it to my family. Thank you!
WOW WHAT A GREAT IDEA .I CAN THINK OF A LOT OF FOODS I CAN ADD TO IT.
THANKS FOR THE IDEA!
These are Delicious,had them last night!
These are Delicious,we had them last night!
Looks Delicious,trying this tonight!
Looks Delicious,I am making this tonight
This looks really good!