It's a touchdown with NatureSweet® tomatoes! Don't sit on the side lines – make these dishes the star of your game day food spread!
NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Pizza Bites
- 1 (10.5oz.) container NatureSweet® Glorys™ Tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 slices of bacon,
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can refrigerated thin crust pizza dough*
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- *Gluten Free version, use GF Pizza Dough
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut Glorys tomatoes into quarters. Add minced garlic, olive oil, and chopped basil. Fold gently, set aside.
- Fry up 5-6 slices of bacon until fully cooked and crispy.
- Spray pizza pan or cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Unroll pizza dough on work surface and with round cutter, cut dough into 15-20 rounds (depending on size of cutter).
- Place rounds on greased pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle blue cheese & then bacon onto rounds. Spoon 1 tsp. tomato mixture over cheese and bacon.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Fried NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes with Spicy Yogurt
Ingredients for Spicy Yogurt:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black coarse pepper
- Your favorite hot sauce, to taste
Ingredients for Fried Glorys® Tomatoes:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs. water
- 1 (10.5 oz.) package NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomatoes
- 4 cups canola oil
- In a small bowl, mix all-purpose flour and bread crumbs.
- In another small bowl, beat egg and water with whisk.
- Working in batches, roll Glorys tomatoes in the egg wash, transfer to the flour/bread crumb mixture and roll to coat. Repeat to double coat each tomato and placing the finished tomatoes in a single layer ungreased sheet pan.
- Heat canola oil to 350 degrees in a deep sauce pan.
- Fry the tomatoes a few at a time, lowering into the hot oil gently. Fry about 60 seconds until golden brown.
- Serve warm with spicy yogurt.
NatureSweet® Glorys® Tomato Cornbread
- 1 container NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag frozen corn, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup sweet orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup tiny cubes or crumbles of feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup other sharp melting cheese such as Gouda or aged jack cheese
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 pkg. cornbread mix (follow pkg. instructions)
- Position rack in center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Prepare vegetables and cheeses; have them ready.
- Place the butter in a 10" oven proof skillet and set in the oven to melt, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl prepare the cornbread mix according to packge.
- Remove the pan from the oven, swirl to coat the sides with butter, then pour butter in the cornbread batter along with the corn and grated cheeses; stirring quickly and gently to combine.
- Scrape batter into the butter coated skillet, top with tomatoes, peppers, grated cheeses, feta and onions.
- Bake the cornbread until golden on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 35-45 minutes