Introducing the STAR of the show... Peri & Sons' Sweetie SweetÂ® Onions!
Sweetie SweetsÂ® are truly nurtured and cared for â€“ rather amazing, isn't it? They are each hand-harvested and cured at Peri & Sons Farms and available mid-July through December. Sweetie Sweet onions are also available in USDA Certified Organic. We made not just one but TWO Sweetie Sweet Recipes. So, let's get cookin'!
Sweetie's Onion DipIngredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large Organic Sweetie SweetÂ® onions finely chopped
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- 2 ounces organic cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Whole-grain chips, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium and add onions. Cook stirring frequently until onions are golden brown.
- Set aside to cool. In a medium bowl combine sour cream, cream cheese, vinegar and the chives. Gently stir in onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill dip for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips.
Caramelized Onion FilosIngredients
- 1 cup butter
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 package of filo pastry sheets
- 12 oz of ripe camembert, divided into 6 pieces
- 6 teaspoons cranberry sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 400Â°F
- Melt half the butter in a pan and cook the onions with the sugar and vinegar over a low heat for 25 minutes or until the onions have caramelized. Allow to cool.
- Cut the filo into approximately 24 squares
- Layer 4 sheets one on top of the other, making a half turn each time to form a star shape.
- Brush each layer with melted butter as you work. Repeat with the remaining pastry to make 6 stars.
- Place a piece of cheese in the centre of each pastry star and top with the onions and 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce.
- Draw up the pastry to enclose the filling, pinch well to seal. Brush with melted butter and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve straight away.