- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 lbs of pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 cups of chicken or vegetable stock or find your favorite low sodium broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp North Shore Living Herbs® Sage, chopped
- 3 cups light cream
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Sliced French bread, optional
- 1. In a large pot, heat the butter over low heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the pumpkin, stock, and salt. Bring the ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered until the pumpkin is tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp of North Shore Living Herbs® Sage and let is simmer about 5 more minutes.
- 3. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain the puree back into the pot and add the cream. Add in the pepper. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Top the soup off with the remaining North Shore Living Herbs® Sage. Serve with sliced French bread if you like