The star of this side-dish show are the Klondike Goldust® potatoes from our friends at Green Giant™ Fresh. The Goldust® is known throughout the fresh potato industry as the very best yellow potato available. The dense flesh cooks to a wonderful buttery deliciousness with a silky smooth texture which makes this is the perfect potato for this easy recipe.
Here's a few tips, tricks, and easy to ways to customize this recipe and make the very best Potato Skin Taco Bites!
- Protein: Chorizo is the main protein here but substitute with another ground meat you prefer – just make sure to season as chorizo is already well-seasoned. For a vegetarian option, use plant-based chorizo or make your own using crumbled tofu.
- Cheese: Cotija, Pepper Jack, or a blend of Mexican-style cheeses would all be delicious options in this recipe!
- Garnish: Get creative here and use cilantro, hot sauce, or guacamole.
- Scoop: When you're scooping out the insides of each potato, make sure you don't puncture the potato! You want to create a 'boat' in each potato so it can hold the ingredients.
- 2- 24oz bags Klondike Goldust® potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Garlic salt
- 6 oz. ground chorizo sausage
- 1/2 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 green onions
- Sour cream for serving
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Toss with oil, and season with garlic salt. Bake potatoes until tender. About 30 minutes. Let potatoes cool until able to handle.
- Cook chorizo in a skillet until browned. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Cut potatoes in half. Using a small scoop or melon baller, scoop out the center of the potato, making sure to leave an edge. Fill potatoes with chorizo and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until hot and cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions and serve with sour cream for dipping.