This awesome salad is brought to us by Peri & Sons Farms. Loaded with fiber and lots of fresh veggies, feel free to eat this feast warm or chilled. Though you can customize the veggies you add, the unquestionable life of the party is Peri & Sons Wonderful Whites onions!
We love incorporating onion from Peri & Sons Farms to our recipes, especially because all of their onions are grown, packed and shipped directly from their farm, following strict certified guidelines for food safety, traceability and sustainability. Their highly sought-after white onion is uniquely pearlescent in coloring and has a firm feel. Generally, they taste sweeter than most Spanish yellow onions and when stored properly, these onions will have a long shelf life.
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium Peri & Sons white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Juice from 4 fresh limes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a skillet to medium-high. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sautй zucchini until beginning to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, toss all salad ingredients together lightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let salad stand for at least an hour before serving.
6 servings | Calories 219 | Total Fat 6g | Saturated Fat 1g | Monounsaturated Fat 3g | Cholesterol 0mg 0% | Sodium 373 mg | Potassium 315 mg 9% | Total Carbohydrate 33g | Dietary Fiber 7g | Protein 8g 16% | Vitamin A 17% | Vitamin C 10% | Calcium 9% | Iron 6%
As pretty and colorful as the napkin.
Bookmarked this recipe! Hubby just tested for borderline diabetes so I need some alternative recipes. This one, I think, will be perfect for both of us! Looks & sounds amazing! Lots of flavor.
Lots of love and health to you and your husband! You can customize this recipe by adding or removing any ingredients, too. Hope you love it! 🙂
Just made this after finding the recipe via the Self-Care Month Sweeps. It’s so delicious! It’s a keeper & new family favorite!
We are so so happy you love this recipe, Nicole! 🙂
Why is a red onion listed in the ingredients? While the name and photos show white onions?