- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cups walnuts
- 4-6 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-4 tbsp cacao powder (carob works too)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk (optional)
- 4-6 pinches of lavender buds (optional)
1. Before you get started make sure to soak you nuts and seeds in water for a few hours or overnight. The reason we do this with raw nuts and seeds is because it increases the nutritional value of the vitamins in them. The water triggers the beneficial enzymes and then stops the enzyme inhibitors making the nuts and seeds easier to digest.
2. Begin with draining your 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup sunflower seeds using a strainer and then go ahead and throw them in your food processor.
3. Then continue you to add everything in the food processor - 1/2 cup dates, 4-6 tbsp coconut oil, 2-4 tbsp cacoa powder, 1/4 cup almond butter, 2 tbsp almond milk and 4-6 pinches lavender buds. Now blend it all up and get ready for the fun part to begin!
4. Now you get to roll your truffles! Let the fun begin and get ready to get your hands dirty! You can roll them to whatever size you want, I usually do mine small to medium in size!
5. Once you have them all rolled up it's time to whirl them around in raw cacao powder for the perfect, dusty finish! To be extra fancy sprinkle a few lavender buds on top!
Finally, DIVE ON IN and indulge in your creation! Enjoy!