Chef Tony Merola - Wholesum Harvest
This month we bring you a recipe straight from the chef himself! We were lucky enough to meet Chef Tony at Fresh Summit in Anaheim last month and got the insight into his favorite tomato recipes. If he could just pick one, he said hands down it would be the sliced tomatoes. His grandfather used to make this for him when he was a child. He loves how simple and surprising this receipe is, and we couldn't agree more! The addition of the honey helps to bring out the natural sweetness in the tomato which is just divine! This is a great dish for a snack, or an impressively simple appetizer!
Wholesum Harvest Sliced Tomato
- 2 ripe Wholesum Harvest tomatoes (sliced crosswise into 1/4 thick rounds)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on a serving dish and spread each slice thinly with honey
- Sprinkle the honeyed sliced tomatoes with Salt and black pepper
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, and serve.