Aids in digestion
Helps control LDL cholesterol levels
May reduce anxiety
May reduce cholesterol
May reduce nausea
Serving size: 1 potato with skin; Calories: 163; Fat: .2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 13mg; Carbs: 37g; Fiber:5g; Sugars: 1.7g; Protein: 4.3g; Potassium: 25%DV; Vitamin A: 0%DV; Vitamin C: 70%DV; Calcium: 2%DV; Iron: 9%DV
Did You Know?
- About 20% of potato nutrition is found in the skin; the majority is in the flesh.
- When selecting potatoes, look for spuds that are well-formed, smooth and firm. They shouldn’t have discoloration, cracks or soft spots.
Ways to Eat:
- The potato is the most universally grown crop in the world.
- Potatoes were the first food to be grown in space. In 1996, potato plants were taken into space with the space shuttle Columbia.
- The top potato producers are Idaho, Washington and Wisconsin.