Aids in digestion
Aids in weight loss
Improves hair, skin and nails
May regulate heart rate
Serving size: 1 medium; Calories: 32; Fat: .4g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 4mg; Carbs: 7g;Fiber:2g; Sugars: 4.3g; Protein: 2.4g; Potassium: 14%DV; Vitamin A: 7%DV; Vitamin C: 25%DV; Calcium: 2%DV; Iron: 3%DV
Did You Know?
- Squash belongs to the curcubit family that includes pumpkins, melons and zucchinis.
- Zucchini is a green summer squash.
- Freezing Summer squash: Wash it, cut off the ends, and slice or cube the squash. Blanch for three minutes, then immediately immerse in cold water and drain. Pack in freezer containers and freeze.
Ways to Eat:
- A squash weighing 962 lb. was grown by Steve Hoult of Stouffville, Ontario, Canada in 1997, and exhibited at The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, Toronto, Canada on November 4, 1997.
- Squash is a seasonal vegetable that is very susceptible to frost and heat damage.