Aids in weight loss
Helps cure dysentary
May reduce risk of cancer
May reduce risk of diabetes
May reduce risk of osteoarthistis
Promotes heart health
Protects skin from UV rays
Serving size: 1 cup (halves); Calories: 49; Fat: .5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 2mg; Carbs: 12g; Fiber:3g; Sugars: 7g; Protein: 1g; Potassium: 6%DV; Vitamin A: 0%DV; Vitamin C: 149%DV; Calcium: 2%DV; Iron: 3%DV
Did You Know?
- Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
- Strawberries are the only fruit that have seeds on the outside.
- Strawberries can also be pickled. Especially when picked green or unripe. If your berries are overripe, make jam!
Ways to Eat:
- In pies or tarts
- Blended in a smoothie
- Jellied or pickled
- Did you know that on average there are 200 seeds on each strawberry
- While we’re not sold at retail by variety, they do come in several different types. The most popular being Selva, Pojaro and Parkers