Lowers blood pressure
May reduce stress
Did You Know?
- Vanilla extract has also been shown to be an effective scent used in aromatherapy and patients report it has a calming, soothing effect. It can even be successfully used to combat mild sleep disorders.
- Quality vanilla beans are fragrant, dark brown or black in color, glossy, moist, supple and long. The tiny black seeds should be scraped from the pod with the point of a paring knife.
- In the US any product labeled ”vanilla extract ” by law must derive from true vanilla.
Ways to Eat:
- As a flavoring in ice cream
- In baked goods or other desserts
- Add to smoothies
- Vanilla is the only fruit-bearing member of the orchid family
- Pure vanilla extract contains 13.35 ounces of vanilla beans per gallon during extraction, according to FDA specifications
- Nearly 30% of Americans choose vanilla as their No. 1 ice cream flavor (followed by chocolate, at less than 10%)
Note: Always consult a physician for any specific health questions and concerns. Some of this information may be subject to change should there be any new findings from Federal Health Administration (FHA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), American Medical Association (AMA), American Cancer Society (ACS), and / or other leading food, nutrition and medical advisors.