Summertime is finally here, and that means it's the season for backyard BBQ's, picnics, potlucks, and cookouts! We are so fired up about summer and excited to share this new recipe that you're going to love. These Cajun Style One Step...Done!â„˘ Kabobs are the perfect recipe to enjoy on the grill, and the best part? They're ready in just minutes thanks to Cajun Style One Step...Done!â„˘ Potatoes from Green Giantâ„˘ Fresh.
Typically when grilling potatoes, it's recommended that you parboil them beforehand to make sure they'll be fully cooked after grilling. But, with One Step...Done!â„˘ potatoes, you just pop the whole package in the microwave for six minutes, and you'll have a cooked and seasoned veggie ready for the grill.
This recipe is inspired by those lip-smacking Low Country Boils that were made so popular in Louisiana â€“ tons of flavor from shrimp, andouille sausage, corn on the cob, sweet onions, and cajun potatoes. But instead of boiling the ingredients like a traditional Low Country Boil recipe, we've made this one the grill to give it that extra little somethin-somethin. Here's a few optional tips and tricks to creating the best Cajun Style One Step...Done!â„˘ Kabobs:
- Parboil Corn: Raw corn can be difficult to skewers so parboil for a few minutes or add to a large bowl with a little water and microwave for a couple of minutes to achieve a more tender center.
- Season to Taste: If you like things extra spicy, add a sprinkle of cayenne! If you want a little extra flavor, sprinkle with seafood seasoning or seasoning salt.
- Skewers: To ensure even cooking times for each ingredient, give each ingredient their own skewer. Once cooked, remove from skewers and add everything to a big serving tray to enjoy this recipe Low Country Boil style over newspaper. How fun! You can also allot some of the kabobs with less seasonings for the kids or those with extra sensitive palates.
- Garnish: These flavors love a big squeeze of lemon and fresh parsley!
- 2 packages Cajun Style One Step...Done!â„˘ Potatoes
- 2 ears corn on the cob, each sliced into 5-6 pieces each
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 13 oz package spicy andouille sausage, sliced into coins
- Fresh parsley
- Microwave One Step...Done!â„˘ potatoes one at a time according to package instructions and set package aside.
- Thread potatoes, shrimp, sausage, and corn onto skewers. TIP: Raw corn can be difficult to skewers so parboil for a few minutes or add to a large bowl with a little water and microwave for a couple of minutes to achieve a more tender center.
- Brush extra seasoning left in the One Step....Done!â„˘ potatoes package onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. TIP: if you like extra spice, add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to your skewers.
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium/high heat.
- Place kabobs on grill for no more than 10 minutes until shrimp is opaque and fully cooked â€“ turning half way through.
- Serve and garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.