Everyone has their own version of potato salad and our recipe database has no shortage of some seriously tasty potato salad recipes. It just goes to show you how incredibly versatile the potato really is! This time, we're going GREEN in honor of spring with this Arugula Pesto Potato Salad made with One Step...Done!â„˘ potatoes from our friends at Green Giantâ„˘ Fresh.
Not only are you getting a hefty dose of healthy seasonal veggies in this recipe, but we're making it ultra easy on you by using One Step...Done!â„˘ potatoes. There's no need to boil potatoes for this recipe â€“ just pop the whole package in the microwave for 6 minutes and then these bite-size potatoes are ready to be dressed in our delicious arugula pesto.
This easy recipe is super fresh, full of vegetables, easy to make, and is a beautiful addition to any spring table. Here's a few tips, tricks, and substitutions for this recipe:
- GREENS: Change up the arugula for another flavorful green like spinach or basil.
- CHEESE: Try using feta, pecorino, mozzarella, or other cheese in place of parmesan. For a vegan-friendly alternative try using Nutritional Yeast.
- BLEND: Be careful not to over-blend the pesto or it will become bitter! Just blend until all ingredients come together.
- POTATOES: We love using Garlic Rosemary One Step...Done!â„˘ potatoes in this recipe but make sure you microwave each package one at a time and wait until they are cool enough to handle before slicing.
- HARD BOILED EGGS: Add a splash of vinegar to the pot of water to help eggs peel easier.
Let us know if you give this recipe a try and don't forget to tag us @farmstarliving and our friends at Green Giantâ„˘ Fresh Potatoes!
- 2 packages Garlic Rosemary One Step...Done!â„˘ Potatoes
- 2 cups asparagus, woody ends removed, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups asparagus
- 1 tbsp (about 3 cloves), minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place frozen peas in a small bowl and set aside to thaw.
- Microwave One Step...Done!â„˘ potatoes according to directions on package (separately). Set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice One Step...Done!â„˘ Potatoes in half and add to a large bowl.
- Add arugula, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, dill, and parmesan cheese to a food processor and pulse a few times to combine the ingredients. Turn processor on and drizzle olive oil into the food processor until all ingredients are mixed together to form a pesto sauce. NOTE: You may need to pause and scrape pesto ingredients down the sides of the food processor. Pour pesto sauce over potatoes and mix well to coat potatoes.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Once warm, add asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes until fork-tender. Remove from the heat and add a squeeze of fresh lemon to the pan. Mix to coat.
- To the bowl of potatoes add asparagus, thawed peas, and chopped hard boiled eggs. Mix to combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with more pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and fresh dill. Enjoy!
Servings 6 | calories 307 | Total Fat 23g | Saturated Fat 4g | Monounsaturated Fat 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat 2g | Trans Fat 0g | Sodium 263 mg | Potassium 183 mg | Total Carbohydrate 20g | Dietary Fiber 3g | Protein 9g |Vitamin C 25 % | Calcium 8 % | Iron 15%
PESTO???? I’m in!!! Looks & sounds amazing!!!
Oh boy I’ve got to try this!
I donâ€™t care much for arugula, but could easily be replaced and have a great dish!
I need to make this!!!
This looks sooooo good!
I am going to make this! Sounds good and we need a change. This could be just the meal alone! Yum!
This is a really great idea
This recipe looks scrumptious thank you
That looks heavenly–I would eat the whole platter.
Great recipe it looks yummy !!