Why do we love this beautiful smoothie bowl? Let us count the ways!
- Fresh and Tasty
- Easy to make
Blueberries are so often tossed into sweet recipes like muffins, pancakes, breads, etc, however, those healthy blueberries don't retain all of their amazing health benefits when baked into a sweet dessert. Rather eating raw, fresh blueberries is the best way to hang on to all that berry goodness.
Blueberries are anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and one of the most antioxidant rich foods found in nature!
This particular recipe is packed with antioxidant-rich and immune-boosting foods including bananas, cacao, and blueberries of course! The sweetness of the fruit mixed with the chocolatey flavor of the cacao turn this smoothie bowl into a sweet and yet healthy treat. This recipe is perfect for breakfast, but we love it as a healthy dessert option, too. See how we blend it up!
Tip: Rinse blueberries just before you plan to use them. Don’t wash the whole container, just wash the amount of berries that you plan to use in the recipe. This will help the rest of your blueberries last longer!
- 1 cup fresh TruStar Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon Cacao Powder
- 1 Frozen Banana
- Top with more fresh TruStar Blueberries, shredded coconut, chia seeds, and fresh mint.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with plenty of fresh TruStar Blueberries, shredded coconut, chia seeds, and fresh mint. Enjoy!