We all have our go-to recipes during the holidays, and this recipe with NatureSweetÂ® Constellationâ„˘ Tomatoes is definitely one of our favorites! It's simple to create and full of color for a festive and bright holiday table. Although we love this recipe as a side dish, it makes a wonderful appetizer, too.
These Constellationâ„˘ Tomatoes are perfect for a holiday recipe, like this one â€“ there's a tomato for every occasion in one package. We are showcasing NatureSweet as they deliver fresh, healthy, non-GMO tomatoes from their own greenhouses, and they are also implementing some seriously state-of-the-art technology into their growing processes to make sure every tomato is perfect.
We're excited to share with you another delicious tomato recipe, which is sure to disappear quickly and satisfy your guests and family. See how we made it!
TIP: After creating the tomato mixture, allow the tomatoes to drain in a colander so your tart will be nice and crispy on top. Another tip - you can make these into mini tomato tarts, too! Just use a muffin tin and a cookie cutter to create smaller pies.
- 1 packaged refrigerated pie crust, prepared according to directions
- 2 cups NatureSweetÂ® Constellationâ„˘ tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup salted butter, chilled
- 1 cup baby spinach, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Make refrigerated pie crust according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix halved tomatoes, olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add ricotta, eggs, butter, mozzarella and spinach. Pulse until blended, 1-2 times. Add panko breadcrumbs, and pulse until completely blended.
- Spread ricotta mixture over tart shell to desired level, leaving room for tomatoes (about two cups).
- Top tart with tomato mix, and press down lightly.
- Bake on baking sheet in oven at 365Â° F for 25-35 minutes until bubbly and golden. Remove, and let tart cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes and up to 2 hours before serving. Makes one 9-inch tart.