Your idea of ultimate comfort may be challenged with our Fresh Cherry Crumble recipe where creamy goat cheese and gooey honey compliment sweet cherries from Starr Ranch® Growers. This dessert will be one to rave about all summer long!
Aromatic cherries are the perfect summertime fruit and Starr Ranch® Growers are notorious for having cherries that are juicy and bursting with incredible flavor. From their dark sweet varieties to their ultra-sweet Rainier cherries, you’ll want to try them all, particularly for the incredible health benefits cherries provide:
- Aids in digestion
- Aids in weight loss
- Helps with insomnia
- Improves hair, skin and nails
Simplicity is key in this recipe, but feel free to add a few extra cherries, just because.
TIPS: Do not wear white when pitting cherries. Eat fresh cherries before bedtime as they are one of the few fruits that contain melatonin!
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, toasted
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, softened
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups pitted fresh Starr Ranch® Growers cherries, sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- Toast walnuts, sliced pecans and rolled oats each separately in dry sautй pan until fragrant and toasted.
- Combine toasted walnuts, pecans and oats in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of softened coconut butter, 1 tablespoon honey and a pinch of sea salt and pulse until mixture is become a fine crumble.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the crumble on the bottom of pie shaped serving dish or 6 individual ramekins.
- Arrange sliced cherries in dish and sprinkle with remaining crumble mixture. Top with crumbled goat cheese and drizzle with honey to finish.