Simple doesn't have to mean bland or boring! Case in point – these Fresh Apple Spring Rolls made with JUICI™ Apples are so easy to put together and the flavors will have you making these again and again. And busy days call for easy meals which is why we're excited to share this quick and easy recipe!
The apple of our eye is certainly the JUICI™ apple from our friends at Starr Ranch® Growers. The JUICI offers a wonderful balance of sweet, tart flavors, plus an amazing crunch. It’s a thinner-skinned apple with an incredibly long shelf-life. Between its ease of storage, delicately balanced taste, JUICI is truly the perfect apple. It's so versatile and it really works well in any recipe: cocktails, savory entrees, snacks and appetizers, oatmeal, sweet recipes – the JUICI apple can handle whatever you throw its way!
While this recipe is considered very easy, working with rice paper can be tricky and does take a bit of practice. Here's a few tips and tricks to making the best fresh spring rolls at home:
- Soak: Rice paper is dried so it requires a quick soak before using. Add a bit of water to a shallow bowl or plate that's large enough to fit the rice paper. Soak in water until it becomes pliable but not soggy. If rice is paper is soaked for too long, it will begin to disintegrate. We soaked the rice paper used in this recipe for about 30 seconds.
- Clean Flat Surface: Make sure you have a clean surface to place soaked rice paper and then add your ingredients. We used a large cutting board sprinkled with a bit of water so it won't stick to the surface of the cutting board.
- Work Quickly: The longer the soaked rice paper sits out, the more dry it will become. This requires you to soak the rice paper one at a time, then assemble ingredients immediately. We don't recommend soaking more than one sheet of paper at a time.
- Storage: If you have leftovers, place in an airtight container with a damp paper towel covered the fresh spring rolls. As we mentioned above, rice paper becomes dry the longer it is left out.
If you make this recipe, please share on social media and tag Farm Star Living & Starr Ranch Growers so we can see your creations! We love interacting with our community. Now, get rolling!
- 1 JUICI™ Apple, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced into strips
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into strips
- Butter lettuce, shredded
- Rice Paper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Before soaking rice paper, have all ingredients sliced and ready to assemble. Prepare your work surface – a clean countertop or cutting board that's large enough to fit rice paper.
- Add water to a shallow bowl or plate that's large enough to fit the rice paper. Soak in water until it becomes pliable but not soggy. If rice is paper is soaked for too long, it will begin to disintegrate. Soak for 15-30 seconds.
- Place soaked rice paper onto your clean surface and layer sliced JUICI™ apples, chicken, carrots, and lettuce to the bottom third of the rice paper. Fold up one side over the ingredients, then fold the sides in and roll into a tight spring roll. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- To a medium-sized bowl add greek yogurt, dijon mustard, and fresh thyme. Whisk to combine. While quick whisking, drizzle olive oil to emulsify the ingredients. Whisk until you have a homogenous dipping sauce. TIP: If sauce is too thick, you can slowly drizzle a bit of warm water while whisking. Enjoy!