Easy, tasty, and made-in-minutes is the name of the game with this delicious recipe! Plus, if you've been searching for a new dinner recipe that only takes a few minutes, this recipe is your answer!
With so much going on in the world, with tending to our families and friends, with our non-stop work and to-do lists a mile long, sometimes the last thing we want to do at the end of the day is cook a meal from scratch. In fact, some days it can be downright exhausting! That's why we are huge fans of Minute Mashersâ„˘ Mashed Potatoes from Green Giantâ„˘ Fresh â€“ it's the healthy side dish without the hassle! Minute Mashersâ„˘ are real, whole potatoes â€“ just like the ones you buy from the grocery store. Alongside the real potatoes are the real butter and chef-inspired seasonings for the perfect flavors, so all of the work is already done for you!
Green Giantâ„˘ Fresh offers Minute Mashersâ„˘ in three different flavors including: Buttery Sea & Pepper, Buttery Chive & Dill, or Buttery Roasted Garlic, which means there's a Minute Mashersâ„˘ flavor for everyone! For our latest recipe, we're using the Buttery Sea Salt & Pepper flavor for our Minute Mashersâ„˘ Mashed Potato Flautas! We love using Minute Mashers as the base in some of our favorite mashed potato recipes â€“ like shepherd's pie, pierogis, waffles, muffins, and now Flautas!
These Mashed Potato Flautas are going to be a staple in your recipe routine. As we said, they're super easy and quick to make, but they're also really tasty and totally customizable! NOTE: We kept it vegetarian by keeping the filling to mashed potatoes and cheese, but here are a few other ways to mix it up:
- Protein: Try adding shredded chicken, crumbled tofu, or beans for a little extra protein!
- Cheese: You can truly use whatever type of cheese you like â€“ mozzarella, or cheddar would work well in this dish.
- Toppings: Go wild! Add hot sauce, sour cream, shredded cabbage, pickled radish, or jalapeno.
- Spice: If you like things a little extra spicy, swap the jalapeno in our Avocado Crema for serrano peppers.
- Large Flour Tortillas
- Minute Mashersâ„˘ Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 4oz can Green Chiles
- 1 cup Mexican-Style Shredded Cheese
- Iceberg, shredded
- Hot sauce
- Sliced jalapeno
- Sour cream or greek yogurt
- Lime wedge
- Cotija Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave minute mashed according to package instructions. Mash well into a creamy consistency.
- Add cooked and mashed minute mashers to a bowl and all taco seasoning, green chiles, and Mexican-style cheese. Mix to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup mashed potato filling to a tortilla and roll tight.
- Add rolled tortilla to the prepared baking sheet and spray flautas with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges of tortilla begin to brown.
- Serve flautas on top of a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro (including stems)
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped, seeds removed
- Approximately 1/4 cup warm water
- Add all ingredients except water to a food processor and blend until combined. Scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Once ingredients are well blended, turn the food processor on and slowly add warm water. Check the consistency and if mixture is too thick, add more water as needed.
- Serve on the side or on top of flautas.
[…] Weeknight meals call for easy recipes that can be ready to eat in thirty minutes or less, which is why we love using Minute Mashersâ„˘ â€“ especially when craving something warm and comforting during these colder nights. With Minute Mashers, there's no need to boil water, gather ingredients, or peel potatoes â€“ just put the whole package in the microwave and cook for seven minutes. That's it! Then, using oven mitts, smash and mash to your desired potato texture. Try these recipes using Minute Mashers: Savory Breakfast Waffles with Ham & Cheese, Chicken Piccata with Minute Mashersâ„˘, Mashed Potato Muffins, or Mashed Potato Flautas. […]