Easy, tasty, and made-in-minutes is the name of the game with this delicious recipe! Plus, if you've been searching for a new dinner recipe that only takes a few minutes, this recipe is your answer!
With so much going on in the world, with tending to our families and friends, with our non-stop work and to-do lists a mile long, sometimes the last thing we want to do at the end of the day is cook a meal from scratch. In fact, some days it can be downright exhausting! That's why we are huge fans of Minute Mashersâ„˘ Mashed Potatoes from Green Giantâ„˘ Fresh â€“ it's the healthy side dish without the hassle! Minute Mashersâ„˘ are real, whole potatoes â€“ just like the ones you buy from the grocery store. Alongside the real potatoes are the real butter and chef-inspired seasonings for the perfect flavors, so all of the work is already done for you!
Green Giantâ„˘ Fresh offers Minute Mashersâ„˘ in three different flavors including: Buttery Sea & Pepper, Buttery Chive & Dill, or Buttery Roasted Garlic, which means there's a Minute Mashersâ„˘ flavor for everyone! For our latest recipe, we're using the Buttery Sea Salt & Pepper flavor for our Minute Mashersâ„˘ Mashed Potato Flautas! We love using Minute Mashers as the base in some of our favorite mashed potato recipes â€“ like shepherd's pie, pierogis, waffles, muffins, and now Flautas!
These Mashed Potato Flautas are going to be a staple in your recipe routine. As we said, they're super easy and quick to make, but they're also really tasty and totally customizable! NOTE: We kept it vegetarian by keeping the filling to mashed potatoes and cheese, but here are a few other ways to mix it up:
- Protein: Try adding shredded chicken, crumbled tofu, or beans for a little extra protein!
- Cheese: You can truly use whatever type of cheese you like â€“ mozzarella, or cheddar would work well in this dish.
- Toppings: Go wild! Add hot sauce, sour cream, shredded cabbage, pickled radish, or jalapeno.
- Spice: If you like things a little extra spicy, swap the jalapeno in our Avocado Crema for serrano peppers.
- Large Flour Tortillas
- Minute Mashersâ„˘ Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 4oz can Green Chiles
- 1 cup Mexican-Style Shredded Cheese
- Iceberg, shredded
- Hot sauce
- Sliced jalapeno
- Sour cream or greek yogurt
- Lime wedge
- Cotija Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave minute mashed according to package instructions. Mash well into a creamy consistency.
- Add cooked and mashed minute mashers to a bowl and all taco seasoning, green chiles, and Mexican-style cheese. Mix to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup mashed potato filling to a tortilla and roll tight.
- Add rolled tortilla to the prepared baking sheet and spray flautas with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges of tortilla begin to brown.
- Serve flautas on top of a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro (including stems)
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped, seeds removed
- Approximately 1/4 cup warm water
- Add all ingredients except water to a food processor and blend until combined. Scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Once ingredients are well blended, turn the food processor on and slowly add warm water. Check the consistency and if mixture is too thick, add more water as needed.
- Serve on the side or on top of flautas.